Activation Problem

bored

Beta member
I'm in China, and my employer has provided me with a computer that has XP Pro. For ease of use, a local computer shop switched the OS from Chinese to English. When the guy installed the English version, he typed in the activation key and it registered. After 3 weeks, the computer began warning me that I have __ days left to activate windows. I click on "Yes, activate now" and it says "Windows has already been activated." After thirty days, I was not able to log on at all, and the same store owner re-installed Windows, activating it again, and now the computer is warning me again. I have 6 days left, and I don't want to have to keep re-installing every month. Is there an override? Can someone point me to a crack or hack or whatever? I'm in China, with a computer that will stay here. Local laws do not prohibit piracy, etc.

Any help at all?

Do microsoft have some sort of technical support number u can call?, well i think there is a crack for the no activation out there somewhere.

It counts down the days and will refuse to let me log on when the time is up. If I try to activate windows before the time is up, it tells me that it has already been activated.

There probably is a number I can call, but I don't have the money to pay for an international call to be put on hold by Microsoft for an hour or more.

China definitely has no anti-piracy laws. DVDs are about $1, and most software is half of that, per disc. Of course, it's all bootlegged (hence the cheapness).

well, if you are usede to doing a fresh install every month that must be a pain....

Since you said it is allready registered, then the next time you install Windows xp, just boot up with the CD that the driver's are on.....

there should be an option to do a system restore, by going this route, it won't ask you to do a registration with Microsoft.

and will never have to be activated again....

By the sounds of it either they have registered that CD key too many times, or it is not a valid key...in otherwords, every 30 days you will not be able to boot into your OS...Microsoft does have support for this:

www.support.microsoft.com

dont get a fake key...they can find out

agreed, cux when you activate , what it really does is take
all the specs of your comp. from type hhd to mouse used.

Microsoft does keep all records of your 1st activation, & knows recognizes all things installed on it by the activation process....

Back
Top Bottom