IE "Ad-blocking" Unblocking question

mx7

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I have this problem with Internet Exploper (6.0 with SP2)... I'm not sure if it came with a builtin ad blocking option of if this is a third party software that I might have installed. But IE keeps blocking Ads on all the web pages that I browse:

ad.gif

Personally, this is not a problem to me... but when I click the Back button on my browser, it just stays on the current site and tries to reload the ad blocked. I have to click it twice or thrice to actually go back to the previous site and that is really annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of the ad blocking problem or better yet, just fix the back button problem?

Hmm, that is because IE sucks!!

Download FireFox and be happy!

www.mozilla.org

Click Download FireFox, and install it, set it as you default browser. Advantages include, no horrible errors, NO Spyware, NO Adware, NO Popups!

I know IE has its problems but I have to use it because some web sites that I use only support IE. Launchcast for example. But if anyone knows the solution to this problem, please do post.

Its a screen shot...

MX7, uninstall SP2, then reinstall it. Also, get Firefox, it is becoming more and more universal. Just take off SP2 and put it back on. Also, your Active X controls might be on a bit too high o a setting... Tone them down if you can.

its third party software. to disable the blocker, see where it says 440 blocked? Clcik that and it will say popups allowed. That means popups and other stuff is now allowed. Or you could uninstall it. And i made the switch to firefox and i lvoe it.

Re: IE

mayorredbeard said:
its third party software. to disable the blocker, see where it says 440 blocked? Clcik that and it will say popups allowed. That means popups and other stuff is now allowed. Or you could uninstall it. And i made the switch to firefox and i lvoe it.

It's not because of Google's toolbar. I'm doubting that its a third party software. I think its probably SP2's work, but I dont think reinstalling will have any effect.

It may, just try it. I had a similar problem with it, except it would block ALL images from sites! I reinstalled it, and it went away.

Well, I'm using Firefox from now. I really like their extensions.

Back
Top Bottom