motherboard and graphics issues

yes, you should either go for this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-148-001&depa=0 or,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-159-023&depa=0.

The first one is better than the second but whatever you do buy a quality PSU.

no name power supply 350 W
Sapphire Radeon 9800 128mb Pro oced (415 core, 365 mem)
7200 RPM 120 gb western digital HDD

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

Don't have the original box for the graphics card. Also I'm in the UK, so can't buy from new egg. Also the lisnks didn'twork either.

Thanks for the help guys.

oh ok sry about the links, 300 watts is too low so just get a 350 or 400 Watt PSU. Good luck, I hope you get up and running soon :D

had the same problem when i was running my intel setup with my radeon 9800 pro xt, i bought a 400 watt power supply and that fixed it.

jujst went out and bought a new 400W power supply. still the same problem :(

what the hell is wrong?!?!?!?!?!?

interesting, this was another problem i encountered, kind of stupid but it worked for me so i mine as well suggest it for you too.

when you put your new graphics card in, their will be two slots in which you can hook up your monitor to. One where your old graphics card use to be (if it didnt use an agp slot), and one where the new one goes where your new graphics card is (in your agp slot obviously)

Ok, check this out. Resit the Graphics card, and make sure that a powersupply plug is pluged into the card if it requires one... Then turn on the PC. If it doesn't start up, then turn it off completely again. Open up the case, and look for the system battery. Unplug the PC and take out the system battery. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then but your battery back in and start it up. If it doesnt start that time, then repeat steps above, but instead of starting it after taking out battery etc, look for a small jumper that sits next the system battery. FInd that jumper, and switch it over to the next pin over. Then start the computer. The PC will enter configuration mode, where you can turn off integrated graphics, and move your Graphics area to AGP. That should fix it, tell me if it works or not.

It has to be a bad motherboard. I have tried everything. There is no on board graphics. There's nothing left for me to narrow it down to. Time to exchange it for a new one.

Sounds like it, or it is a bad GPU! It might not be the MOBO, could be the GPU you bought, maybe it is faulty...

Back
Top Bottom