building new pc

NO!!! Corsair blows!! They use Samsung cores!! They run hot as hell, and if you are building this PC to be the best, then use THE BEST!! Check this RAM out, BEST IN THE WORLD! It is called Ballistix, and guess who makes it>>>> CRUCIAL!!! It is based on Micron cores, therefore, more effiecient and much lower heat consumption! This is DDR400, but can be overclocked SAFELY to DDR500 and still use CAS Timings of 2.5-2-2-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XMS can't touch that!!! Nor can HyperX!! Nor can anything else in the world except of OCZ EX brand, but it isn't as reliable!!

Here is the Link to the RAM Bestowed from God:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-546&depa=1

Buy this, and you will NOT regret it, plus I have an A8N-SLi Deluxe from ASUS, and I OCed Ballistix to 250Mhz with 2.5-2-2-5 timings like many others. The stuff is unbelievably stable!! YOu will love this RAM, it smacks Corsair and Kingston in the FACE!!! :D

Samsung was always good for me (I used to have 512MB of their PC2700 stuff).. they didn't overheat. Ballistix.. it sounds like in your post you were going ballistic. Take it easy. I say stick with GeIL UltraX I believe it is called (I have to recheck that). It is the most stable stuff I have seen on the market. Crucial has the tendency of going bad.. it isn't too reliable, nor is Kingston.

ok thanks camers, I go with the cosair.
Just wondering if the raptor would make a big difference or am I better off with a standard sata drive?

Corsair is decent.. but not the best stuff out there.

As far as hard-drives, what are you willing to spend? And what do you usually use your computer for? Then I can tell you.

Ummm, most Crucial I agree with Gian, but Ballistix is different. It beats Geil UltraX easily (I own some UltraX ram BTW..) I like HyperX and UltraX, but there really is no contest between them and Ballistix... Ballistix can run at 500MHz at 2.5-2-2-5 timings... UltraX can run at 250MHz with 3-2-3-5 timings! Big differences, but not in price, UltraX is more expensive. HyperX Low Latency is the only compition in this catagory, and it runs the same as Geil ultraX at 500MHz. OCZ EX can run at 500MHz at 2.5-2.5-2-5 settings.. It is almost as good, and it is also based on Micron Technology's microsemiconducter technology.

I don't think Crucial Ballistix beats Geil At all. UltraX is more expensive? Geil is the best damn stuff out there I think quality wise. It doesn't degrade and fail like Crucial (ballistix or otherwise). But the guy already made up his mind to go with Corsair.. looks like he didn't listen to me or you, AMD ZEN. Very well, next components.

It does Gian, the proof is in the timings..... Ballistix can be overclocked to 700MHz...... Geil cannot. I DO NOT LIKE OTHER CRUCIAL RAM, just Ballistix, so don't think that. Otherwise, I am an avid Geil Supporter! I love Geil! Geil pwns all others (including Corsair and Kingston), it is just in a different catagory then Ballistix.. Can't compare... Only OCZ EX can. Otherwise, I agree, Geil is the best! I adore my Geil UltraX in my Brother's PC! IT is lightning fast! And it runs nice and cool (based on Micron I found)

Ballistix may do that, but it is highly unreliable. Anyways, HE DID NOT LISTEN TO ME OR YOU. Geil is the best ram out there. I got even the Golden Dragon stuff which isn't the UltraX.. but the value.. which has some the best damn timings for value ram. It is awesome stuff. I never seen timings so good on value ram...

Geil's value ram is good!!! However, my Ballistix is perfect, and horribly reliable! Pls don't argue a point Gian when you don't own it. Geil is very good, the best by far. Their ENTIRE product line is great. Yeah, the Golden Dragon smashes that Corsair "Value" RAM anyday.... So does the normal Geil Value RAM at that. Corsair sucks, I hate them... I used XMS Low Latency once, and I couldn't even OC it 25MHz before the timings were at 4-3-3-6!! What kinda crap is that? Low Latency my @ss!!

I have my opinions, since my dad has owned Ballistix (1gb i believe). It sits in a drawer now since it died out. A lot of money wasted there. My dad now owns Geil UltraX. Golden Dragon is unusual, because it almost isn't value ram.. it performs very well.

Back
Top Bottom