Id like to learn to program games

rat412

Beta member
Im new to all this programming but i am really interested in doing it and was wondering if anyone could help out a beginner. i would like to learn how to program games. Any help is appreciated.

depends what kind of games

since your a beginner, try something like Frogger, or a memory game or an easy one to start off.

for programs i would try any kind of program that uses the BASIC language, Visual Basic is a good one.

You can get Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 from MSDN; completely free and it works fine. Takes up a lot of RAM and Power, but its a great tool. Undeniably the best for all Languages; Visual Basic when you start off and C# after that... of whatever you get into.

Something like Ping would be extremely easy to do... Frogger too, Snap, Memory is a good suggestion for some Randomization.

It really depends what you'd like to do really. Start off with Visual Basic though.

rpgmaker

i got very good programs free and very easy to use to make rpg games there called rpgmaker2000 rpgmaker 2003 rpgmaker xp.

Get yourself flash and learn actionscript very easy to learn and can become pretty powerful when used in the right way.

Learn C and then get one of those free software game engines on the net and play around with them.

I wouldn't call myself a great (or even good) programmer but i think for any beginner start out with vb and make a game like pong, memory, or anything simple. Then rework your code to take out what you dont need and to tweak settings. Then move on to something harder.

I wouldnt jump straight into games..learn simple programming 1st? TRUEbasic is rather simple.

Back
Top Bottom