motherboard and graphics issues

aztek1

Solid State Member
Hi Gng, I'm hoping you can help me out here....

I just bought a new AMD 64 3400+ along with a Shuttle AN51R notherboard. I already have an ATI Radeon 9600 256MB graphics card. After installing it altogether I get no signal to my monitor.

The monitor stays blank.

Does anyone know what I can try. I have only connected the hard drive in this config.

Is my grpahics card compatible, or do i have to get a new one?

Please help me out, anything would be helpful

Check your PSU.... It looks like you do NOT have enough power to supply to supply the AMD64 and everything else...

You should try:

1) checking to see if the pins on the card are totally in, sometimes it seems they are but with a little pressure you can see that they aren't.

2) making sure you connected the power cord from the video card correctly into the back of the HDD.

3) check the MB original box to see the voltage capabilities of the AGP slot, then check your video card's box to see it's voltage's capabilities; if these don't match then you have a problem

no name power supply 350 W
Sapphire Radeon 9800 128mb Pro oced (415 core, 365 mem)
7200 RPM 120 gb western digital HDD

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

checked the lot, took it all apart and built it over. I built this system myself for my old computer than i stripped down. Didn't reaklise the new components would be so power hungry

so the agp voltages don't match on the boxes?
if they don't then you need more power, I would go with around 400V at the least. One thing though, DON'T BUY a NO NAME BRAND PSU.

no name power supply 350 W
Sapphire Radeon 9800 128mb Pro oced (415 core, 365 mem)
7200 RPM 120 gb western digital HDD

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

Back
Top Bottom