Help

ICE1

Beta member
I think im being hacked i have formated my computer 3 times i deleted the partion and reinstalled xp still gettin backdoor virus's and got a prob in System32\SdMon32 i got a hijackthis file if you think this would be usefull plz write back

1st of all, this could be any # of things....

1) When you use the internet, are you using a firewal ? Many people here will tell you howImportant it is to use one.

2) Do you have a good Anti-Virus on your computer? and does it have all the Definitions up to date?

3) When you do a fresh install of Windows, Are you going straight to Microsoft for ALL CRITICAL UPDATES.
(you don't have to update to SP2 if you don't want to)

4) Do you have at least 2 good Spyware programs on your comp. protecting it....(I prefer Spybot Search & destroy) (also Ad-aware personal edition)

5) and last but not least....Check the Run & Run once folder, once in a while in the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> MICROSOFT --> WINDOWS --> RUN

to get there click start/run/ type regedit & hit enter.

Thank You for answering me i reformated my computer and made sure that my firewall was on i have had it off so that could be a problem there, I also use adaware and spybot s&d, I have norton 2004 antivirus, I dont know what should and shouldnt be in the registry so can you help me on that im gonna get all my programs i usally do and see if my virus is still on the hd thank you very much ICE

plz reply back and tell me what is spose to be in registry and what is not thank you

Best thing to do there is when you first reformat your computer make instant back up discs comes in VERY handy:) not much of a help but a basic suggestion hehe:)

well , if you followed my advise , you don't have to worry about the registry til something goes wrong.

since SpybotSearch & destroy has TEA TIME on it, using that will protect programs from altering the registry without you permission.

your firewall & anti-virus will protect you from the rest.

wait. u reformatted ur comp but the malware is still there?! if its spyware, thats some strong stuff. are u sure u reformatted correctly? whoa. and make sure no to backup the spyware files itself. Heres a good spyware remover, and add to my reputation plz if it works: http://files1.majorgeeks.com/files/265eceb6d4d961057f1b483a558e2885/spyware/WindowsDefender.msi

and if that doesnt do the job plz use this: http://files1.majorgeeks.com/files/265eceb6d4d961057f1b483a558e2885/spyware/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
kk

Back
Top Bottom