FX-55 or P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Kalthorn said:
For the general use Overclocker perhaps but the EE has been proven in the hands of the only honourable Overclockers that it is the best Overclocking Processor available.

No it hasn't.

Intel is half a year, a year max from bringing out 64-Bit Processors.

No it isn't. Intel is about 1-2 years away.

Business Applications... haha, the business application tester; whatever it is - is complete crap. It tests for nothing anybody does, and cannot stand up on its own. AMD64s have 512Meg Cache, if that - the 4000+ and FX-55s, the high end expensive AMDs have 1Meg. Pentium 4 HTs have 1 Meg - full stop - they don't have less anymore. Itanium2s have 8Meg! AMDs, even when they have the same amount - most certainly dont have 'far more'.

You're an idiot. Full stop. Complete baffoon. AMD64s have more then that. You need to read up on the facts and stop being such a stupid Intel fan boy. Intel is going down.

AMD has more than two processors?... You'll have to go on about that I can't remmember refering to anything but the AMD Processors for Desktops? Of those I can think of 2 in the reasonable End range, FX and Athlon. That goes without saying really so I don't know what you're talking about.

Can we say idiot? Sempron.

Netscape was brought down by a vastly superior application - Intel has only suffered minor market losses, no serious growth loss, and has yet to compare to the difference between Netscape and Internet Explorer. Intel has fight - and as I am on a roll with offering drinks in bets - if Intel looses and becomes a Netscape - I will owe you a Drink. Apple - however much we wish it would, has not gone the way of Netscape yet however.

Intel is going suffer huge losses and is continuing to do so. Read up on business aspects of this. That's what I do. No serious growth loss? There you show your ignorance again. Intel is shit. They will continue to be shit and will always be shit. That's all I will say on them.

juliussuperbum1

juliussuperbum1 you cant just blatently say intel , look, intel is ok for programing, and multi-tacking however, the opteron 940-pin amd, Is a great server chip, fast reliable, in my opinion better then Intel, now in programing andmultitasking there was a review, and AMD won 12 out of 23, also it was the fx-55 that was beating the intel chips all the time, Intel has no one chip that can bet the fx-55. (or 4000+)

i'm pretty sure that I read in multiple articles that Intel is releasing a 64 bit in 1 year or less.

And, no, the amd64's don't have more than 1 mb cache my friend.

Giancarlo said:
No it hasn't.
You're supposed to be doing Politics at University! Thats a very blunt debating point? Simple fact is; for overclocking processors the Intel EEs have proven themselves, in the hands of as I said the only honourable Overclockers to be the best for it. Reaching speeds of 5Ghz, and above an increasing amount of times.

Giancarlo said:
No it isn't. Intel is about 1-2 years away.
Again dreadfully blunt. We both know AMD and Intel are bringing out their Dual Core Processors in 2005. When AMD are, I do not know, probably mid 2005 however for Intel it will be at least before the end of the year - which is less than a Year from now. Xbit Labs specifically says, a few times in the article.

Specifically in the article: '..."2005 will be a great year for Intel” because dual-core chips “are great for customers”...'

Giancarlo said:
You're an idiot. Full stop. Complete baffoon. AMD64s have more then that. You need to read up on the facts and stop being such a stupid Intel fan boy. Intel is going down.
AMD, even FX-55s, have more than 1Meg Cache? :D You are so funny: Computing HQ, the first place I found in the search specifically says the FX-55 - the best processor apparently - has only 1Meg Cache.

Giancarlo said:
Can we say idiot? Sempron.
They're not Processors, they're Budget Processors. If you want to include Sempron we can include Celeron Ds.

In fact; as I just noticed I said: '...AMD will have two processors; Intel will have four virutally in context...'. You for some reason thought I meant Processor lines; and I missed it completely. That is about the difference between Hyperthreading and to point out how when Dual Processors come out, Intel will have four processors in two, AMD will have two in two. Hyperthreading will come into its own here - as although games for 1 processor work almost worse on 2 processors like the HT Pentiums; games writen for 2 processors, which they will be, will work better on 4 processors like the Dual HT Pentiums.

That is what I meant.

Giancarlo said:
Intel is going suffer huge losses and is continuing to do so. Read up on business aspects of this. That's what I do. No serious growth loss? There you show your ignorance again. Intel is shit. They will continue to be shit and will always be shit. That's all I will say on them.
Intel Earnings up That sounds like a company loosing great masses of Market share; a company which is shit and will always be shit, and a company which is continuing to suffer huge looses. ;)

ohhh,,,,,
shot down.......
nice work LK.

hehe. I'm going to upgrade at the end of this year, and see if Intel has some nice processors out.

Intel has the rofit only AMD can dream for, however before you go w/ dual core Intel wait for AMDS dual core, If the Dual core the 4000+ of fx-55 Intel has nothing to compare to it, however heat may be a problem w/ amd b/c the fx-55 is one fast cpu. but Intel has heat problems of there own.

Intel isn't going to beat the FX-55 for a long time =).
AMD all the way they're cheap, reliable, and mostly oc'able.
no name power supply 350 W
Sapphire Radeon 9800 128mb Pro oced (415 core, 365 mem)
7200 RPM 120 gb western digital HDD

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

HAHA! Ready to be shot down Intel lovers?? Ok, watch carefully.....

roadmap2ph.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom