Buying New Speakers:

The_Necromancer1

Daemon Poster
For the last couple of years my trusty Altec Lansing AVS 200's have stood by my side through countless hours of fragging, but it's about time they entered retirement. So, basically I'm looking to buy a nice set of computer speakers, namely the LOGITECH - Z-5500's. The thing is I do not have a separate sound card just the integrated audio on my Asus A8V deluxe motherboard. It supports up to 8 channel sound so the ports aren't really my problem, its the possible decrease in sound quality. My question is can I go through the S/PDIF port (coaxial or optical - is there a difference in quality?) or should I spend the money on a sound card? Also does anyone have any recommendation on brands of cables if I decide to go that route, i.e. what makes the monster cables so damn expensive? :rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

I don't think you really need to change or get a new sound card because those are for people that use them to make music and that kinda stuff

Actually, I would recommend a soundcard, since the sampling rates on MOBO integrated sound are crap, and it is 16bit. I would go with the Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS card, it is very good, and GREATLY increases sound quality. They run about 81-86 USD, so they are not SUPER expensive. Also, here are the speakers I would go with on a budget, they are very good (Cousin uses some we got him for Christmas)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-121-118&depa=0

They are not the best in the world, but on a budget, you would spend less then $150 for both the ZS and the speakers, and that would be one kick @ss setup for Music and games!!!

Wow

my intergrated sound is a realtech 7.1
Aslo, I was reading a review oin the internet and the tester, got a noise violation b/c his neighbor called, However heres the twist, SHES DEAF
It was nocking the pictures off the wall in the adjacent appartment.

Back
Top Bottom