Help with wireless config

edicWHUN

Baseband Member
I am not able to turn my radio to ON for my wireless connection. When I click on 'enable' it pops right back over to 'disabled'. I'm currently downloading the most current driver for the NIC but since I'm on dialup and it's going to take like 8 hours I thought I'd see if anybody had any experience with this.

Anyone?

Well, forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm new to the wireless scene, but in order to scan for available networks the 'radio' needs to be turned on, correct? If so, it is not allowing me to do so. When I click on the "enable" option it doesn't take it. I am an administrator on the computer, so I know it's not an issue with that.

Does that help?

maybe the hardware is defective. i would take it back for a new one if that is the case.

Did you set a security of type WEP 64 or 128 bits on your AP (access point). If you did, you will need to set the same on the wireless PC and use the same paraphrase to generate the key. Also, make sure you have the same channel and same SSID name.
If this is not your question, put in more details; which computer, type of router, G or B bandwidth etc. Both AP setting and wireless settings have to match for you wireless network to work.
Also, is you wireless network card well install as well as its software?

Thanks for the suggestions! After I downloaded the most current driver and software for the card it worked like a charm. I don't actually have a WAP yet, I was more interested in learning how to connect to existing networks in my area (strictly for learning purposes only!)...I'm still stuck in 1995 with a dial up connection.

Now that I have that problem resolved I'm having problems connecting to other existing networks, or rather it says that I'm connected but I'm not able to access the internet...the learning process continues...

Thanks for all the responses!

Where is the AP (access point) or computer sending you the internet. You might be wireless but you need another computer to be hooked up to the router that is called the AP point and supplied the signal. Do you have two or one computers!

Back
Top Bottom