Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta

It is alright. Webroot Spysweeper is far better though, then both it and Lavasoft Ad-aware. Webroot picks up traces.

I gave there beta a shot and it found a trojan launcher for dos attacks.
and another. Spybot,adaware,and spyblaster missed these.

So now I have spybot,microsofts version,spyblaster,adaware,a firewall, a viral scanner, and assorted other utilities to close open ports and repair open access points, 35 xp patches 1 hour downloading and installation time on dsl.

I recently installed linux- difficult thing to get working from a boot loader and keep xp. But Im begining to think that linux is looking better by the day for browsing the internet. Yea its slower but jeeze- Im needing a hundred utilities for windows.

Windows has let me do software and internet miracles but its becoming tiresome to keep it working well. Bill Gates do you hear me?
Stop screwing around with tv and get your flagship product secure!

Tens of Thousands of Microsoft people are working on that very problem as we speak :D Probably not now... its about Lunch Time but after Lunch - they will be working on the problem.

Do you really need all that stuff! :D You've just topped my sister in the realms of most paranoid person I know.

There aren't 35 XP Patches if you install SP2? Only... 5, 10? After SP2 depending on the Hardware Configuration, as you may have some Hardware Updates available.

thats pretty neat of microsoft to do that. so it's better than ad aware, spybot, and all the rest? hmmmm... interesting. i gotta try it.

It is better by a long shot really. It stays in your toolbar; not using up any noticable amount of power. If you click for a site to change your homepage - it asks you to allow the change. It tells you if and when something is installing; if you're installing Kazaa, god forbid, it actually keeps asking you about everything Kazaa installs from Claria to GAIN with nice red boxes and exclaimation marks :D

Thats a nice feature eh but since ive been using firefox ive had no homepage hijacks

It does it even without Homepage Hijacks. I haven't had one ever either - but when I click the link to make MyMSN my homepage because I'm too lazy to type it in; it still asks me :D

Back
Top Bottom