Floppy drive

FuRgy

BSOD
I changed my floppy drive, But just screwed it in and didn't connect the IDE cables and stuff, As I didn't have the cable at the time. Now when I boot up I have no sound. Winamp gives a message -
"A Device ID has been used that is out of range for your system".

It doesnt play in windows media player or any other windows. I have re-installed sound drivers. Now I remove the floppy and the same problem still happens. Any IDeas?

hook the drive back up and see what happens....I doubt that has anything to do with sound though

I don't think it's anything to do with inside the box. I checked everything.

I went to this website - www.geocities.com/mmsystem002 and followed some of the solutions but that didn't work. Device manager just hasn't got anything on the sound card. I don't know what the problem is and I'm confused...Could my sound card have just gone???? Like blown or sommat?

I might just buy a rubbish soundcard for £10 tonight, Until I can get a better one or fix this one....

try pulling the sound card out. see if your floppy accesses ok. Ive had floppies which were jacked up and ruined power supplies. One even started smoking on me.
Sadly its possible the floppy has perhaps damaged your computer. If your sound card has gone bad a cheapy is a good test.

Stupid floppy..:(

Thanks for all the quick replies

I can't connect the floppy as I seemed to have lost the IDE cable..:(:(

I'm gonna buy a cheap sound card tonight, and test it...

Yes, It worked...Thanks for the help...I'm gonna change my soundcard to a better one soon....I still have no floppy :|

Back
Top Bottom