Computer Keeps Restarting

huwas

Beta member
Emachines - T4480 - 2.4ghz - 512ram - Windows XP sp2

While playing a game, America's Army, I got an error...

Something along the lines of Generic Host 32 Error or something...

Then when I tried to open up mozilla, it said my configuration was not correct or something like that...I was already running AIM, and it closed down and when I tried to reopen that, it said the same thing...

My game then got a critical error in a couple of minutes and closed down, however my computer froze, so I restarted it...

It went through and got all the way to right before it would display the Login Menu it would then die and restart itself...

I tried restarting in safe-mode and just about every other mode possible and it does the same thing...everytime

any help would be appreciated...

Seems like there are a lot of problems with PCs after game is installed. This is like the fifth one I've seen or some odd number.

Does it say this:
"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close"?

Maybe there's missing files. Try reinstalling your game and run updates.

It looks like one of your file got corrupted. If you have your Windows XP CD, set it in and boot from you CD.
Then after the prompt, change to the i386 directory and find the NTLDR file and copy it to your C drive. Remove the CD and restart your system.
If you can't boot from your CD, try to get a Millenium boot disk, boot with cdrom support and from there go to your CD i386 directory and copy the NTDLR file. This should stop your system from restarting. After that is you have any utilities like Norton, fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom