Need Help OCing my new comp

trance565

Daemon Poster
ok guys, i wanna OC my cpu from 2ghz to 2.4, how would i do so... here are my sustem specs

a64 sock 939 3200+ @ 2.01 ghz
msi k8n neo2 platinum
1 gig ram
radeon 9700
big heatsink with 92 mm vantec tornado

please help :)

Ok, first you need to have proper cooling, which it looks like you already have covered pretty well. Next, you have to up your FSB multiplier in the BIOS, slowly and steadily until you reach optimal settings and temps. You should be able to push it that far. just use your BIOS clock settings to do it, but you can also go onto the MOBO and alter the clock muliplier for voltage settings and FSB chipset.. AMDs overclock well, but be wary...

well my mlutiplyer and voltage are on startup ... dunno wut that means so could u gimme a good # to put those on cuz when i change the fsb to more than 210 the monitor loses signal for a few seconds when i exit bios and then regains it, and when i go to bios its running at the regular speed, i think the mobo is changing the voltange and multiplier itself which is kina annoyin

It tis my dear boy. OC it 205. Then, up your voltage by .05 or .1 CAREFULLY!!! Then, use the onchip multipliers and increase them SLOWLY!!!

i dunno wut the voltage is now lol, its on "startup" dun gimme no numbers i gotta change it to the numbers .... and im guessin i should put the multiplier to ... 10? i can change em from "startup" i just dun kno wtf to put voltage on

lol mebbe i should worry more bout gettin job and havin money to fix the things i screw up b4 i OC eh?

Back
Top Bottom