Newb needs help...

Satori said:
You'll be able to use the S-Video port on your graphics card to connect to the television. Get an S-Video cable, plug one end into your computer, and the other into the TV. Goto to Display in the Control Panel, click the Settings tab, and choose your Display. Click apply, and exit. Should be that simple, I've never done it before, so I'm not entirely sure.

Fair warning, though, unless you've got an HDTV, the resolution will be horrible. I believe NTSC is 640x480, maybe 600x800, and that's on every TV that's not a HDTV.

Hey anybody out there who could offer some help? I did what SATORI said but when I get to the screen after clicking the Settings tab, there's no option to display on the tv. What to do? Please help.

well i got a 9200 with TV OUT all i do i just connect the cable from Compuiter to TV and then i have to turn the setting on from the All Programs menu "TV ON-OFF" then it works fine

get an s video cable, plug the cable into ur comp (gfx card), and put the other end into ur tv(if it has it, so check b4 u buy the cable) then go to the vid properties(should have sumthing to change vid ops on ur gfx card since its ati) and then choose the output, u can use both monitor and tv at same time, just choose ur svideo out and turn ur tv onto the s-video input, and BAM should work just like that

Right Trance, good post. MAKE SURE YOU GO INTO THE ATi Area where you can change settings and configure it for TV "monitor" style. If you don't, it will cause major problems down the road, and may even impede the functionality of the setup itself... :(

GL! :D

AMD ZEN said:
Right Trance, good post. MAKE SURE YOU GO INTO THE ATi Area where you can change settings and configure it for TV "monitor" style. If you don't, it will cause major problems down the road, and may even impede the functionality of the setup itself... :(

GL! :D

Dumb question, how do I get into the ATi Area (hence my user name)? Thanks for all the help.

ummm go to ur desk top, right clik, properties, and then go to wehre u change ur resolution, then go to advanced and then click on teh display tab :) hehehe i pwn with ati

Right again Trance, but that is the same for all GPUs, not just ATi... nVidia does the same thing, with similar menu breakouts.

Back
Top Bottom