My computer doesnt Start

Electricity went off and back on quickly....that can be very damaging to the hard drive, and with Compaq writing their BIOS on the hard drive doesn't help.
If you have accessed the BIOS and did some utility testing, you should have got some answers.
You mention a noise! Does it come from the hard disk or could it be you have a key stuck on your keyboard.
If you can get a Millenium boot diskette; boot in safe mode, and then check to see if you get any information from your hard drive. If you don't your hard disk may have been damaged by the power outage, but that doesn't mean you lost all your data! it means you may have to buy a new hard disk, load the operation system on it and then plug the damaged disk on and see if you can past a scandisk or Norton Disk Doctor on it to retrieve some valuable information you thought you have lost.
That is why UPS (Uninterupted Power Supply) are sold, so you system won't be exposed to power failures of all sorts, that can damage your system and make you lose valuable data.

Whats up all u guys? Thanks for helping me out. i have format the hard disk and put the WIN XP on it, BUT after it has restart it says "NTLDR missing press any key to restart"

Back
Top Bottom