can some one help me with this?

i would think its the normal just because im pretty sure my radeon 9800 all in wonder pro said "pro" on the video card itself although i could be mistaken

can anyone with an x800 pro answer my other question about supporting agp and pci express?

It cannot do that, I have one.. That is a x800 Pro, however, I don't know who makes it.... Looks like Roswell judging by ALien. It is AGP 8X, cannot do PCI Express....

NVM, it is Sappire.. My Bad.. But it is a Pro, and it is AGP 4X/8X compatible only. Buy it! It looks good! Cheap as hell too!!

how much did you pay for it?
also well im at it what are the most important things to have on a video card for gaming.

also what are your guys opinion on best video card no more then 250$ (could make some exceptions) for counter-strike source. Ive been stuck on this for a while now.

Well, for just CS:S, I would say ATi x800 Pro on ebay you have there, or the nVidia 6800 (vanilla one). both are great cards! The Pro is better then Vanilla 6800 however.

BTW, the most important things to look at for gaming are:

8 or more Pixel Pipelines
3 or more Vertex Shaders
Core Clock of at least 350Mhz
Memory Clock of at Least 650MHz.
128MB Minimum RAMDAC

That is about it. Make sure it is AGP 8X or PCIe, and make sure it is by a good manufacturer (ASUS, eVGA, MCI, XFX, BFG, Diamond, Saphirre, to name a few.)

well the one on ebay right now is that a pro or an se? It says pro at top but near the bottom it says just x800 so im not to sure.

Also the video cards ive been looking at have varying specs and im wondering which thing is the most important for cs:s like clockspeed , bits,ammount of memory,type of memory etc.

Im thinking about buying the BFG 6800 oc.

Back
Top Bottom