Floppy in Floppy out?

I have one floppy drive in my closet that I keep for backup and the occasional raid driver installs. Not 1 of my 9 computers has a floppy drive in it. :p

i'm gonna keep mine for a little longer!! just for school work (coz we cant use usb keys on computers!!) then its going in the bin!! lol

why take it out, what erlse can you stick in its place? I'd rather just keep mine in incase of emergency

I had the same conversation about 2 years ago when ZIp drive came out, THE FLOPPY KILLER, however no matter how hard you try you will never -in the near future mind you -be able to replace the floppy for bios saving, f-disking, and windows installing,

*note: on a side note when I Installed my Windows XP MY help disk was "VILLAGE IDIOT's Guide to Installing Windows :confused: :mad: :( :eek: "

LOL, I still have about 20 floppy drives(3.5 and 5.25 ;P) I also have an 8 in 1(card reader and floppy) for my laptop.

I don't care for floppies that much, and rarely use them anymore, but I still use them from time to time...

I use them still, handy for storage of Word docs and BIOS backup, etc. Also, boot disks for Windows maintence, and fdisk. I like floppy disks, still good tech. I use my USB Jumpdrive (PNY 512MB) to do most stuff. It got ruined in flood also... I hate water now...

Back
Top Bottom