Building A Computer... Need help

Id get rid of that expensive monitor and put the money you save onto a video card and then just buy a regular crt monitor, better for gaming anyway

th3ris said:
Don't get the pc2100, its complete sheeeet
go with some nice pc3200

If you want to OC of coarse otherwise in my opinion if your not going to OC then a pc3200 isnt a must....it would be nice but not a must. I had 2kingston 2100 512ddr and didnt notice any difference between that and a patriot 1024ddr pc3200

yeah. id settle with a nice 17 inch and a better graphics card (6800 if you can manage it)(ee that is). since everyone else has already mentioned the other stuff, if really wouldn't do me any good to say it agian, wouldn't it? :D

Ok, where in gods name did you get a 3400+ 939-pin?????
also IF you want to run hl-2 get a readon 9600 xt or a 6600 gt or non-gt
and get 3200 not 2300 or what ever it is, Now for the monitor If you want a LCd make sure it has less then or equal to 16 m/s response otherwise laggy games and such,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-005-026&depa=1
nice monitor PC World rated it best buy and and overall best,
19 inches don't have the m/s response time as 17 inchers do and 17's are as bg as 19 crts so don't worry be happy now dooo doo doo do do dee :eek:

If you like it fast get 2 WD 36.7 Gig 10,000 rpm hard disk and set them up as RAID 0 configuration. Also as you have read, PC2100 only has a frequency of 266 Mhz which creates a bottleneck with a FSB that is 400Mhz; always buy RAM that matches your motherboard FSB frequency. Many company sell complete systems with RAM that actually slows down the system. Once you find out about that, if you want RAM that matchs your motherboard, you have to buy them. Always ask what is the bus frequency and memory frequency; that if were you see that some dealers are "get rid of their slower memory. Memory wise, the lower the cas latency (time it takes to react, the faster or better it is). That is why two same PC3200 may be $50 or even $100 different for 512 Meg for instance.

What you mean lagging from your monitor? like choppy frames? because i get that playing half life 2 but i thought it was my cpu, if its my screen i canhook back up my crt and that would make my day and save me $400.00

Well, IF your Monitor has slower then a 20m/s response time then, yes you may experiance some lag, However playing HL2 you can experiance lag if your GPU is a 5900 or slower.

Back
Top Bottom