Amd vs Intel

The_Necromancer1

Daemon Poster
I have a 3000 amd 939-pin w/ a foxconn 755fx mobo, It ive seen via benchmarchs gave the $800 3.8 gh intel a run for its money and it only costs $155, you be the judge.

*note all currency in US dollars

try the 3400 it beats the 3.8 p4....WOW...and beats some of the higher amd liek the 3500 on some benchmarks in gaming.

for the last time... AMD IS WAY BETTER THAN PENTIUM! i wonder how many times we've had this very discussion. the amd 64 fx is the best and fastest processor out and that's that. (sorry to be a little mean and all but i wanted to be succint here).

It's simple really, unless you edit movies, photos, do animation, or some sort of heavy rendering, then you shouldn't be getting a P4. AMD for everything else (basic home use, apps, games, etc.).

You missed programming in the list of things Intel are great at. For programming; using the IIS Server on Pro for ASPX Runtime applications Intel is in a land of its own. The resources used by programs like Visual Studio 2005 and even to a lesser extent 2003 put to shame AMD completely, especially my Athlon which is a lower end AMD 64.

Then there's Longhorn :D Microsoft is working with Intel on it... so...

I like Intel better :) but AMD is still great i have never had a good amd chip tho prolly cause one was ak6-2 and my friends athlon xp 2200 that thing gets smoked by a P4 2.2ghz , I cant afford the 700-900 dollar AMD athlon 64 Fx-53. but amd does have the best chip out there, I have always been Intel fan cause they are the orignals amd was back there too but they always copied intel.:p

That's b/c the Intel 2.2 gh/z is $128.00 and the 2200 athlon xp is $80.00, any way go to this web site
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2275&p=3
It gets a run for its money againsrt my 3000 939-pin that costs $150 and it costs $800, to be an intel fan is to be a resistor to a new world order, I have been w/ AMD ever since they came out, yes they have an great Income(intel that is) but via preformace AMD will eventually take over Intels market shares, IT is pointless to resist Intel has not been at the top of preformance ever since th athlon XP came out.

Dont get me wrong I like amd alot , but i also like Intel, As long as both are aroud it will be fine , whatever happened to the old company Cyrix it would be nice to see them put out some wicked chip.

Back
Top Bottom