Windoze Xp Service pack 2

Yeah, SP2 is not noticably doing anything. But compared to the security of XP SP1 SP2 is amazing; and everybody should use it or they are pretty silly indeed.

u said it LK and money_man. of course, now what is longhorn up to? just a new OS? better security? differnet look? i think microsoft said it was coming out in 2006 or somehting or did they change the date?

anyone have any idea at all what longhorn is gunna be like? will it be more stable? higher security? or will microsoft stop making anything to do with windows xp just so u have to buy longhorn...

XP will be supported for about as long as Windows 98 was. So for a good three, maybe four years after Longhorn is released (longer than 98; but accounting for the longer shelf life as main Windows of XP) - at which point Blackcomb will be out anyway.

Longhorn brings in all the numerous qualities I listed below - and only from what I have seen in the Alpha and from Reviews on the Alphas other people have got. Betas are always vastly superior to Alphas anyway; so nobody knows.

Back
Top Bottom