What exactly is Longhorn bringing to the table?

Microsoft make money... the security of Windows is paramount to Microsoft making money. Windows makes Billions of Dollars a Quarter... if they want to keep it that way they will make it secure.

The problem is... over XP's lifetime which will be too long (no Linux OS from 2001 is used anymore because it would be less secure than Windows) the Internet has changed vastly. Spyware, Adware, Trojans and Viruses on such a scale could not be presumed or dreamed of when Windows XP was put into Beta, not even when it was released to a certain extent. Longhorn is made on that basis or dreadful Internet problems. It will be secure or nobody will buy it and Microsoft knows this with the Linux threat looming ever closer. (Hence my rousing Troop Prep-Talk in my Signiture.)

Linux is graphics version of Unix it's harder to use but more reliable furthermore it's Open Source which has it's ups and downs

Haha; did you not know I was against Linux? :D

Its general knowledge recently... I don't like Open-Source full stop. Tux is the personification of Open-Source so I deemed him leader of their troops in battle.

GNU/Linux is not the "graphic version of Unix" at all. It's a completely different platform but it appears similar to Unix as they share the same design standards, POSIX. Overall, GNU/Linux is a very stable platform and is having tremendous advances in both hardware and software compatibility. Very soon, it will be a very capable rival to Microsoft in the home desktop market.

Back
Top Bottom