tranfer from old HDD to new HDD

palmero

Beta member
I have a Western Digital HDD and will be removing it and putting in another comp. I want to replace it with a bigger one, but before I do that I will need to partition the new. When doing that will it give me an option to transfer all files? And if so do I even need to partiioin the new HDD? Thnx

you might want to create an image of your HDD if you want to use the same OS and Programs.

Would you want to image your HDD?

well 1st of all I might add I am not very bright when it comes to computers, I have no education it that field. So when you ask me about imaging I have no idea what you are talking about.

I would like to use the same OS but my main concern was just making sure I can Transfer all old files from 1 to another. I guess I just want to know the steps that need to be taken to do that.

You see I'm building my wife a computer and I was going to giver her my old HD and I was going to buy myself a bigger one. But before I take out the old and erase I just want to make sure how to transfer everything to the new.

an image is all the files copied of your HDD with registries and your OS and user accounts will still be there so you don't need to reinstall anything.

well then yes, iguess that is what I want. Otherwise if Im following you correctly instead of imaging everything I can just pik and choose what I want Transfered ? I dont want that , I want everything the way it is now .

the software that comes with the Western Digital HD will that give me the option to transfer everything including OS??

Back
Top Bottom