asus geforce 6600gt vs Gigabyte geforce 6600gt

limmytibs

Solid State Member
I saw both of these online. I want to try to put two of these together. For a pair of Gigabyte GeForce 6600gt it would cost me $330 vs Asus GeForce 6600gt which would cost me $400. The motherboard I own is listed below:

Asus A8V Deluxe VIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

Me, i'm a stickler for money. So would staying with Asus be worth spending another $70, but should i might as well save the $70 by going with Gigabyte. Would i be looking at performance differnces, or durability differences?

that mobo doesnt support pci express so i dont know how your going with 2 cards.

ASUS would cost alot more, but they have a shit load of extras. Theres smart fan, and some other crap too.

I think you mean A8N SLI, hehe, just making a correction. Oh and I read that as of now the cards have to be from the same manufacturer due to drivers. But I dunno maybe they fixed that so you can get different versions of the card now.

EDIT: And I also happen to think the Leadtek 6600GT is better than both of the cards mentioned. Got the gold editor's choice from anandtech.com and recently leadtek came out with an OC'ed version of the card that is clocked to 550/1120.

So if I have a Gigabyte motherboard with PCIe support, would I have to get a Gigabyte PCIe video card (GIGABYTE nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB GDDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express) then?

I have this motherboard:
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8NF-9.htm

It's not like this is a crapy video card or anything, but I would like a more reputable brand if there's no conflicts with mismatching brands.

No, the mobo brand and vid card brand don't have to be the same. But supposedly the vid cards do because the drivers have to match, at least as of now from what I have heard. But again, they might have changed this.

I am looking into getting the same thing and i cant remember if i read it or if someone told me, but the 2 cards have to be the same exact cards. They have not fixed or changed this as of yet.

limmytibs, where can u get those cards for that price?

Back
Top Bottom