ME User32.exe Problem.

PhucNose

Solid State Member
For the last couple of months, when I have gone to use my computer I got a small error message popped up stating "There is a problem with user32.exe, if the problem continues try restarting your computer" prior to the computer fully loading up my desktop icons etc.
All I had to do was click "ok/cancel" and then the computer continued where it left off (that being, it finished loading desktop icons etc) then I was able to use the computer as normal.

What has happened now is that when I click "ok/cancel" it just hangs and does not respond at all, not even to "ctrl, alt, delete".

I'm hoping that the old girl hasn't died and she can infact be revived.
Any help much appreciated.

cheers

Phucnose

To be honest i have never used ME, and i dont think i have ever heard of that file, could it possibly be spyware or a virus?, anyways u could always format does windows ME have a repair option on the ME cd?

yeah. i agree with interlaced. ME is ... well... a little obselete. how old's your girl? if she's more than 3 years, i highly recommend that you start getting prepared to get a new computer. of course, that's all up to you so i'm really just making a suggestion here.

I run adaware, spybot and AVG so virus and spyware is not a prob. She's almost 4yrs old, so I'll cut my losses, but first I need my files back!
As for repair option on CD, NFI. I'll have to find out methinks.

well, can you detect your c drive? even if you cant see your icons, you can just go to your c drive - doc and settings - owner or whatever - desktop and it should be there. or just search for the files in your my documents folder. btw, is it just your desktop or your whole comp that is affected?

Well you could take your hard drive out and put it into someone elses comp and run it in slave (that could spread a virus if u have one i dont think u do though) then he will be able to get all ur files for u.

@Interlaced
That being the case, I'm better off just buying a new box with all the goodies in and just doing that then, hey?!

So run it as a slave in another comp, get files to CD or whatever, then reformat and away I go. Correct??

Back
Top Bottom