HELP w/ XP PLZ!!

TbS1

Solid State Member
When I click "My Computer" It doesnt show my CD Or DVD rom drive, all it shows is local disk C and floppy drive, anyone know the problem? im pretty sure they plugged in right.. anything i have to do in bios? I checked and it said it was detected so.. yeah.. I can install my Soundcard with the disk now.. anyone help me?

had a similar prob when i added a hard drive by myself.....so i just took it down to CompUSA and had them do it, and of course they did it right. I suggest have a professional check it out.

You may have a spyware/trojan problem. I did once, and it did the same thing. Reinstall Windows and it will fix it. Also, download FireFox to get rid of dumb spyware and many trojan problems.

Alright forget the jumper configuration for now and go wtih AMD ZEN's idea (not saying that the jumpers mah not be an issue though), i think i had a problem like this once i cant remember how i fixed it or if i did..., but i think that could have been on 98

yeah, i recommend you just use ad aware and spybot to cleanse your pc and then check agian. if not, then you might want to just format your drive and start it all over. thats the way.

Back
Top Bottom