Two Questions

mempf

In Runtime
1. How big of a difference is there between the ATHLON 64 socket 939 3500+ and the Socket 939 3200+?

2. Can any ram be run in dual channel as long as the mobo supports it and they are the same module?

Thanks

i think your motherboard just has to support Dual Channel and use two identical pairs of RAM

for what? the processors? well, for the processors im thinking that the operating speed will probably be a differnece, with the 3200 at 2.2 ghz and the 3500 at 2.4 ghz. as for ram, Charchris took da words right outta my mouth.

The 3500+ is faster than the 3200+, even though both of them are superb. BTW I think the 3400+ or 3500+ or maybe all of them won't support Dual Channel. It's because of the integrated memory contoller.

yeah. alvino's right. and yes, they are simply superb. i really do miss my amd 64 3200. ah well.

Im sure the socket 939 CPU's have a Dual Channel memery controller.
Am I incorrect?

And as long as the CPU/Mobo support dual cahnnel and the RAM modules are you same, they can run in dual channel?

It should support dual channel, but in some cases with motherboard manufaturers such as Gigabyte, it won't run at the optimized speed. If you get 2 sticks of DDR400 and dual channel them, it may read DDR333 instead of DDR400. There was a link to that problem and it was regarding the limitations of the Athlon 64 processors. It will still work though, or should.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/FAQ/FAQ_444.htm

Yes they can run in dual channel, and the only real difference is the fact that the 3500 s939 is 2.2ghz and the 3200 s939 is 2ghz.

Back
Top Bottom