New system so far (budget)

aCb

In Runtime
ordered so far
athlon 64 3400
asus a8v deluxe mobo
1gig kingston pc3200 dual chan memory
120gig WD SATA hd's

so far the price is at 450$ not including shipping only thing I need is my video card and im set. going to wait until i build the system to order the video card though.

just thought id post the specs of it so far since ive been asking about alot of parts lately.

you might want to go with socket 939...it will be more expandable in the future. If you are going to get 939, get a AMD 64 3500+. For a vid card, if you can afford it, get a 6800 GT if not get a 6600GT or 6800.

so far im pretty satisfied itl prolly come out to around 700$ or so when I get a video card.

The mobo and procesor are socket 939 and im probably going with the 6800 but not sure yet. Anyway cant really get suggestions since all of this stuff has already been ordered (dont wanna regret anything).

Haha, I can. I'm just soaking in everyone's thoughts. I've got my mobo on order, YESSSS!!! I'm excited about that. I'm going with the 6600GT MSI PCIe graphics board. At first, I thought about the Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester, but may end up spending a few more moolah to get the 3500+. You guys talked me into it. This is going to be one sweet system. I'm still giong to research what memory to get using dual channel. So far, Corsair XMS dual channel 2x512MB is at the top. I'm still going to use SATA HD even though it may not meet it's full potential. As far as optical drives go, I'm getting the LG DVD+RW multiformat drive. That thing is a moster and is compatible with all DVD, CD formats. Sound card? Well Im' going to try out the onboard 8 channel audio from my new mobo to see how that is. If I'm not satisfied, than an Audigy 2 card is in the works.

ownage said:
you might want to go with socket 939...it will be more expandable in the future. If you are going to get 939, get a AMD 64 3500+. For a vid card, if you can afford it, get a 6800 GT if not get a 6600GT or 6800.

LOl yeah, the A8V is socket 939, and that version of the 3400+ is socket 939 also.

ok didnt know that....thanks alvino.....btw TRD use some crucial ballistix as your ram. Buy two 512. Itll own.

Back
Top Bottom