need help chosing video card

OH MY FUCKING LORD. YOU stupid idiots.

AMD Zen, must You be so idiotic and say the words" Think before you type please".

You obviously don't follow your own advice. Just stfu and keep your wrong information to yourself.

Your "friend" obviously had a conflict in his setup which prevented him from scoring. And no, your wrong again, the 6600 GT is 128-bit interface 128 mb memory.

And higher ramdac speeds mean nothing if compared with unequal pipelines and shaders.

Graphics Bus PCI Express AGP 8X
Memory Interface 128-bit 128-bit
Memory Bandwidth 16.0 GB/sec. 14.4 GB/sec.
Fill Rate (texels/sec.) 4.0 billion 4.0 billion
Vertices per Second 375 million 375 million
Memory Data Rate 1000 MHz 900 MHz
Pixels per Clock (peak) 8 8
RAMDACs 400 MHz 400 MHz

GIven from Nvidia.com itself.

http://nvidia.com/page/geforce_6600.html

dude.......amd zen, before you embarass yourself, do some research before just listening to rumors.

and the reason amd64 doesn't cripple at high speeds is, because 32-bit processors are the norm, so there would be no crippling as it is the highest a processor can go.

FOR THE LAST TIME BEFORE YOU FLAME ME, LEARN PC TERMS!! ITS MEMORY INTERFACE IS 128bit!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS CORE IS 256BIT!!!!!!! READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough said...

and no, my friends setup is FINE! The 6800 is dirt slow, and isn't good at all! The only one worth it is the 6800GT!!

Hey! My 6800 NU works wonders for me! I love it! It's my precious...my precious....*starts stroking graphics card*

dude.......

What is your sister's 3dmark03 score, and what is your friends' 3dmark03?

Do you know what pixel pipelines are??? And how they effect graphics performance??? Do you know what vertex shaders are???

Do you know that the 6800 has 4 more pipelines, and 2 more shaders???

And my apologies for reading your last post wrong, i thought u said 256-bit memory. Well, the 6800's memory is 256-bit, so you still remain wrong with your theory of 6600GT's being superior to the vanilla 6800.

I get 10900 with my setup.
And as 3dmark03 is mainly a video cards stress benchmark, my processor won't affect it THAT much.
Let's see your sister's bench. And if you wish, i'll even lower my cpu's clocks and take out a stick of my ram to make it more even if you wish.

9,489 with vanilla 6800
10,965 with 6600GT

Yes, I am aware of vertex shaders and pipelines, that is the 6800Gts downfall, I agree. But those pipelines are optimized, so they do their job exceptionally well, no doubt there. I would say, I give it a tie... Based on data at least. Personal experience says a tie as well. There, a truce, a tie... I don't want to argue. My sister scored 10,965 on 3Dmark03. My friend scored 9,489 with vanilla 6800. Therefore, a tie really. The only reason my sister got so high is also because I am a genius at PC setups.. LMAO!! Also, my head is bigger then my desk,,, LMAO!!! ROFL!!! :D

10965 with a 6600GT, ummmmmm..... how can i say this simply.

Liar.

How bout you give me a screen shot of your 3dmark03 score. You are obviously lying, or you downloaded a tweaked version of 3dmark03.

There is no possible way a 6600GT can be getting that high.

A 6800GT scores that high, not a 6600GT.

You are running 2 6600GT's in SLI mode???

Dude, omg. omg.

How can you compare TWO 6600GT's to ONE 6800.

Wow, this argument was so pointless.
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN COMPARE TWO VIDEO CARDS TO ONE AND SAY ONE SUCKS.

DUDE ARE YOU KIDDING????

sister is, not me..... Sry, I forgot about that... I asked her to send me a screenie of her score, but then she quickly reminded me that it was in SLi. I am forgetful, sry. BTW, he score is up to 14,696 now. We OCed her CPU since I last updated my "score table".... :D

Back
Top Bottom