need help chosing video card

Why not buy the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 256 Meg of DDR RAM and 8X AGP. Its' fast, check pcpitshop or download the free trialware SiSoft Sandra from www.zdnet.com and check what the card bench mark is.

FSB is how it keeps up with intel, and most ppl dun even need256 mb, plus the 6600gt cost less and comes with craploads more, and i still like the fact that the speeds are faster
a 2.ghz core speed with a fsb of 1600 is basically like a 4ghz intell with 800fsb the way i see it

Definitly go for the 6800. Its has 12 pixel pipelines instead of the 8 on the 9800 and 6600gt. Even with 256mb on the 9800, it still can't match it on the latest games.

trance u don't know anything about video cards.

I'm sorry that you caught me on one of my more cranky days. If your on a forum, and you obviously dont' know what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut. I'm sick and tired of misinformation on these forums.

And the 6800 has 256-bit, not 256 memory. The 6600GT has 128-bit interface. Thus a smaller amount of bandwidth.

This cripples the card and its high speeds. Plus, add to the fact:

12 pixel pipelines
5 vertex shaders

6600GT
8 pixel pipelines
3 vertex shaders

oh yeah, and trance, your equation with 800fsb P4 4.0ghz processor = a amd64 3000+ is absolutely wrong.

yet again, don't give false information.

would the BFG geforce 6800 OC be the best card im going to get for the money?

Umm, you are all argueing.. Cut it out! Look, the 6600GT is better then the 6800 (non GT), since it has higher RAMDAC speeds, and if he is going PCI Express (which hopefully he is since he can do SLi....) then you can do dual PCIe 6600GTs for less then $400.... 6800 is slow... Friend has one, and my sister has 6600GT with almost the same setup, and she beat him in 3Dmark03 by 3,000!!!! Now, that means something. Honestly, get the 6600GT card. Or, better yet, fork out a bit more for the AGP 6800GT. I will provide a link below for a well priced one. GL, and decide well.

BTW, to put to rest all arguements on bitbandwidths, the 6600Gt is 256bit Core, 128 bit GDDR3 Memory base, so it won't "cripple" at high speeds...... The AMD Processors are 64bit, do they "cripple" at high speeds. GPUs are far ahead of processors in bit rate... WTF would it be PCI Express for??? LMAO!! Think before you type pls... Anywho, get the 6800GT if you can afford it.. If not, the 6600Gt is the best choice by far!

BTW, ATi better widen their markets, or they will die! nVidia is pwning in PDAs, PCs, CellPhones, and Portable MP4 players...

Sry for third post, but WTF.. I was just curious were people start making opinions of cards without seeing them in action. Going off numbers alone is bullcrap, and you all know it!! Go by personal experience only!

Back
Top Bottom