any good????

J03

~~~~~~~~
hey, i was wonderin if my pc was any good.....

Windows XP Home edition

AMD athlon 1700+ (overclocked to 1.61 GHZ) (i know thats crap)

786 mb ddr ram

MSI KT6 Motherboard

ASUS V9400 MAGIC Graphics card

400w PSU

black sunbeam samurai case

80gb HD 7200 RPM

Sort of. Processor is pretty crap, but that isn't the problem if it's games you're playing. Graphics card is woeful. Need at least an ATi 9200/nvidia 5200 to run modern games, preferably a 9600pro/5700. Ram's fine, and 80gb should do as long as you aren't storing loads of media.

it's a good computer for surfing the web and watching dvd's at medium quality.

It's bad for gaming and intense graphics.

The graphics card is terrible, flat out terrible. The processor also is a low-end processor.

If you plan on gaming a bit, i suggest you get yourself a amd xp 2500+ Barton Core processor and some kind of processor better than a GF4 ti4200.

That GPU is, *cough* TNT2.... Anywho... Upgrade you GPU, and be happy, otherwise not bad. Even if you just got an nVidia Geforce FX5500 or FX5700LE, it would improve your PCs speed alot! Also, think about a newer XP Processor if your MOBO will support it at all. Then, your PC would be alot better. Right now, it is "ok", but reminds me of a Dell 2400... Just without crap Intel in it. Good News is... IT IS AMD!!

Intel is crap, except for ONE good processor. The Pentium M is a miracle of engineering, and I highly respect that processor. It is lightning fast, smooth, uses soo little energy, it is scary, and is very efficient! I love the Dothan Core! Otherwise, yes, in MY opinion, Intel is CRAP! Opinion is mine, so pls do not argue my opinion with me, you won't change it, since there is no evidence disproving it. Dont flame me for my views either, they are MINE.

Well, I had no idea people in this world still had such a narrow frame of mind.

Sure, you may believe AMD is the better company of the processor market, but calling Intel "CRAP" may be a bit much, don't you think??

And you are right about one thing though. The Pentium M is a nice piece of engineering. I have one, and i love it. Jus wish they wouldn't be so expensive.
the 2mb l2 cache is nice.

Back
Top Bottom