Boot Image

spacetime88

Beta member
Hello everyone

I'm wondering how to change the boot screen. I've been able to change the logon screen by downloading a new logon from www.themexp.org and then starting in safe mode and changing logonui.exe with the new logon. But, now I want to try to change the boot screen. The file that it tells me to use to change with the new boot image is ntoskrnl.exe So I'm basically wondering if this is correct, and if they are correct that to change this I start into safe mode and basically do the same thing I did for the logon but just to a different file. Also, if something didn't work and it crashed on the boot screen next time, I noticed that safe mode doesn't display the boot screen. So if something went wrong could I just start it into safe mode and change it back to the original? Or would it still crash even if it doesn't show the boot screen?

~Nick

get the program called styleXP from TGTsoft, awsome program, u can change logins, boot screens, all kindsa stuff.
yes ntoskrnl.exe is what u need to change although im not sure whether u can boot in safemode and be fine if something may go wrong,

i suggest styleXP

I dont see why you would want to you see it for about 5 seconds every bootup no big deal but a book that has the instructions is Hacking Windows XPby steve sinchak. it gives specific instructions on how.

Back
Top Bottom