Wondering... And thought you guys could help.

moneyman1

In Runtime
Ok.

Well since I see the lira (spelling?) thing in the advertisements and such.

And now getting to my point, I was just wondering if the Keyboards in the UK and such are dif. from the ones in the good ol' states here.

I'm asking because I have no idea what the uni-code thing is for the lira symbol, so I didn't know if instead of the $ sign, they had the lira...

Am I right...? or way off?

Thanks. :D

Well this forum is based in the UK (I think). And yeah, thats the british pound sign.

Yeah.

But is it on the keyboard?

Are the Keyboards dif? Or ... what?

That's what I'm wondering

££££££ <<<<<< GB
$$$$$$ <<<<<< US

My £ Sign is on the 3 and my $ is on the 4

we have both £ and $ if thats what your asking
there the only cuurencys hat are on they keyboard as they are the most widely used

apart from that im not following, you do you mean the lay things are layed out couse i think your @ key is in a different place

Yeah, that's what I was asking.

That's pretty sweet, our @ is on the 2 $ is on the 4 # is on the 3

I want the Lira... :'(

Well, I am in the UK, the forum is hosted in the US.

I don't get on well with the UK keyboards, I have to have it set on the US layout!!

Lol - do Lira exist with Euros in Italy now?

What is the symbol for Lira anyway... look in Word Symbol Explorer and set a shortcut for it. It certainly isn't on any Keyboard I've seen, maybe Italian ones.

Charchris said:
lol do the water in the toilets spin? in the northern hemisphere

That reminds me of a Simpsons episode where the Simpsons go to Australia (I think), and they go to the US Embassy (something like that). When they get in there the "tour" guy shows them the bathroom, and since the toilets flow in a different way than the US, they have a machine that reverses the water flow....

Back
Top Bottom