Overclocking my processor.

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Ok i just spent a whole lotta money on a new graphics card, more ram, and new case. So instead of going out and buying a new processor (mines 2.4 ghz), how can i overclock it?

What average temperature do I want inside my case before i even think about overclocking? Is overclocking my 2.4 ghz processor to 2.6 ghz a big jump? Will it dramatically overheat my comp?

Also can someone walk me through step by step how to overclock a processor?

EDIT: I have an intel pentium 4 processor.

We need more information.

What type of CPU is it?
What motherboard do you have?
ect.

how can i find out what model my mobo is? ive taken it apart and it says nothing about the model name on the actual mobo inside my computer itself.

is its northwood core then you can definelty OC it a heft amount, but if its prescott.. well those run hot even at stock speeds

i contacted gateway, their going to look into my computer models processor what it is and what core it is. their not too knowledgable the guys that you talk to online, like they have to look up everything, but they eventually get it. when they tell me what the processor core is and what model the pentium 4 is.

If you know how to access your bios, you should find all the information there; processor, cache, etc. you can download from www.intel.com a tool which will help you identify you chipset.

Back
Top Bottom