i have recently had troble whit my comp

aserus

Solid State Member
plz help my comp has recently stop alowing me access to random sites (such as downloads.com ebaumsworld.com and so on) and denied mne access to so of the propgrams on my comp i am pretty sure it is an os problem (running win2k) if any one knows wtf's up or had this problem befor plz help

the problem is so bad with the internet that i can't even access the microsoft homepage for help on the matter at hand so i really need any help i can get

alright, i think i know the cause of this, for starters i think its a virus (i bet u figured that one out), anyways i find it a bit hard to remember but run a search for all files and folders on your computer and search for "hosts" and there will be a few that show up now try opening these with notepad until u come to one which has a list of sites now remove those sites and click save, and you will be fine but to remove the virus i will recommend you to www.symantec.com I hope this helps man good luck.

alright this might not be a virus but some browser hijacking spyware, now any spyware program will fix this such as ad aware and spybot, u can locate ad aware at www.lavasoft.com, and spybot u could just do a google, good luck.

What exactly did u find it with and im not sure if AVG will do any good cause as i recall they stoped doing updates for the free version?, this is the anti virus i use www.bitdefender.com I think it is good so u moswell download it, update it, and run a full system scan and see if it finds anything.

k thx and i found the file that you told me to find it had a long list of sites on it (at least 500 urls)

it sounds like you had a few problems with viruses before to have gained this expertise

Back
Top Bottom