prob a noob question but...

jay8990

Daemon Poster
is it possible to put a floppy drive cable on upside down??

I mean get pin 1 on the floppy drive connected to like pin 38 on the motherboard n vice versa?

Yes on the floppy drive side of it, you can. You'll know if you did that if the floppy light continues to stay on. As far as the motherboard end, you can't really plug it in backwards because it only goes in one way due to the little tab cutout.

I see your system specs. We'll have to see who's got the fastest, hehe. Only thing I got on order now is the case and the floppy drive. I want this motherboard, but it's been out of stock for a long time:

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NF-9" NVIDIA nForce4 4X Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-268&depa=1

I like the new MSI one coming out with the nFOrce4 chipset, but that thing is so new, I don't think any of the retail or online stores even have them.

aright, well i read hundreds of good things about the neo2 so went we it!

i ordered the case on december 26th and its being delivered tomorrow! shocking delivery times aye!
ordered everything else about a week ago and it came next day.

hopefully the wait will be worth it! well almost def...system im using this second is p4 2.4GHZ 256mb ram w/ 64integrated graphics

that Neo2 Platinum board is what I would get too, but I want the new stuff (PCIe support). I have to see for myself the gains I can get from it.

I'm planning on getting the 3200+ Athlon 64, but will most likely overclock it. I'm going dual channel too so this should be fun to work with. By far, this will be the best system I ever had.

Did you order your stuff from Newegg? They have the fastest shipping ever!!! I get mine in two days, but it's the weekend now and they are closed. Should get it Monday. FedEx is the best.

You will definitely see a huge difference from what you are using now after you get that system built. That 2x512MB dual channel is a better choice if you get around to it.

yeah when i get the money, and no im in the UK so newegg not a choice for me. most stuff i got from a site called overclockers UK, they're over night shipping and a fantastic range (at rock bottom prices i may add :D). but case got from ebuyer....they've took forever we delivery.

yeah cant wait to be rid of this integrated graphics!

Back
Top Bottom