Bios/boot screen size problem

BlackRook

Solid State Member
I don't know how this happened or what program caused this, but every time i turn on my system now, the bios screen is not placed correctly on the screen: it's about two inches too low. When the windows boot screen comes in everything goes back to normal, but i'm having a very hard time with my bios/cmos screen being that low at boot. I'm using:

CPU: P4 3.2Ghz
MB: P4P800-E (AGP8x)
GPU: ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis
Graphics Driver: ATI Catalyst Control Center
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 151s 15" LCD
Monitor Driver: Preinstalled Plug and Play driver

I've already reformatted, reset my Catalyst settings, and updated my bios, with no result. do i need to download new firmware or something for my Radeon or drivers for my SyncMaster?

Your help is appreciated!
Merry Christmas

BlackRook

I didn't build it myself, i bought it complete then later upgraded the cpu fan and some other minor things.. the problem started when i pressed the AUTO button on my LCD while the computer was booting up, and it changed to the Windows boot screen before the Auto adjustment finished.

there's no adjustments other than the six front buttons for the monitor, so i can't just move it back. my adjustments are set to centre Horizontal, and Centre Vertical, but those are so fine tuned that putting it to the top only raises it about 3/4".

Is my problem solvable in Windows or getting a new Graphics card or...?

BlackRook

Buying a new monitor would probaly fix the problem, But I don't think you need to...Just try messing with the settings on your monitor. Try disconnecting your monitor from the computer for a while, then hooking it back up.

My monitor is fine as far as i can see. i unplugged everything.. my Graphics Card (ATI Radeon 9600xt) from my motherboard, monitor from it, and i've wiped my hard drive, reinstalled my bios.. i have no idea how to fix this problem!

No one?

Has anybody ever heard of this happening?? i really gotta fix this problem.. need your help!

Nathan

play around with your monitor settings because i pressed auto once and it just made my screen size smaller

Being an LCD, there should be settings under a menu somewhere. I know pressing auto can really mess up command prompt screens.

I can't tell you where to go seeing as I have a completely different monitor than you, but I feel quite sure there's some menu options to adust it. Or, perhaps if you get to some command prompt scrren with a box around the screen(setup usally works), you could try to auto adjust it...

I have a syncmaster 192n 19 inch LCD, it does the same thing, but mine is off to the side a little. it did that with the old monitor too, but my bios screen is okay and windows is okay, just when the computer posts and the messages come up they are a little off to the left. doesn't bother me any, I don't really see it as being a problem.

Back
Top Bottom