Dual Booting Question

sl8er

Baseband Member
Since I solved a problem I had with XP and users(thanks to this forum) I have now installed the system again. So right now I'm left with a partition that has a screwed up XP on it that I want to replace.

What version of Linux should I get?

I'm new to Linux, want something that I could teach the family to use and want to be able to use some Windows programs (No I haven't found any Linux alternatives to the stuff I need)

Right now I'm thinking Mandrakelinux + WINE but I've a friend(camers) that is recommending Fedora Core.

What do I do? Recommend other distros if you want.

Fedora and Mandrake are definatly good choices. They're easy to use, and relitivly user friendly. You might also want to look at SuSE. I used it for awhile and it's great.

Currently I use Gentoo. It's a bit complex to install, but it's definatly a great choice when you want to move up to something a little more advanced.

Fedora, mandrake, gentoo i guess are all good. Perhaps break your linux partition into another one and install freeBSD or another BSD, just to try a lil taste of most OS's

What everyone else recommends Probably Mandrake as it seems a popular one to Linux users out there (I think).

Cheers-next question is:
Whats FreeBSD and what do I want the partition to be?
(Linux Ex2?)

Back
Top Bottom