"Xenon" Codename for XBox 2

Re:

rakedog said:
I personally dislike Xbox, but a friend of mine managed to install Linux on the hard drive for it, so that was really sweet. If Xbox 2 connects to PC, I'll screw around with it with my computer friends, we'll put some linux on it, and do some fun stuff with it. Mod it out, ect.

Eh. Better than PS2

Re:

airiox said:
Yeah microsoft also got a patent for the Xbox 2.

I cant find a link to the story, but oh well. It will have dual cpus or somthing.

Yeah, here's some stuff I found.

BTW I found this stuff in the December 04 issue of OXM (Official Xbox Magazine).

Processor: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing has been tapped to develop and build the core processors for the Xbox 2, utilizing multiple IBM Power5 processors, each running at 3.5+ Mhz. The early Software Development Kits have been built off PowerPC G5 processors, which are similar in architecture.

Graphics: ATI's 500 Mhz GPU will be built directly into the chipset, pumping out more anitaliased polygons per second than you can shake a pixel shader at.

Memory: Reports claim 256mb of RAM on the motherboard. But with memory so cheap these days, with wrong with 512mb? And as for storage, apperently over the hard drive. Rumor mills report it as gone, as whatever replaces it (flash cards etc.), will pack alot of space into a much smaller and ligher area.

Operating System: Reportedly it's based off Windows NT architecture, but the biggest element will be the XNA technology at the core of every piece of software it runs.

Peripherals: Don't expect a hugely different controller; it'll probably be more of a refined version of the Xbox S Controller (hopefully). Microsoft has already announced a new universal standard of controller inputs for Xboxes, PC's and any other future Microsoft devices, so the next Xbox controller won't just be an Xbox controller. There has also been talk of adding USB ports (why not?).

There has also been reports that the Xbox 2 won't have Xbox 1 backward compatibility (why?), which would suck.

AHAH!! XBOX2 will suk compared to Nintendo Revolution and PS3. Firstly, it doesn't use BLuRAY, and secondly, it only has 32bit processors.... so will the PS3, but the Nin Revolution will have 64bit processor(s). Only 256MB, wow that is cheap. Nin Rev will have 512MB DDR2 that runs at 667MHz... WOW, Microsoft is dumb for releasing this thing so early! And geez... WTF, ATi.... I think it is nVidia... But ok. Nintendo is partners with ATi, nVidia is partners with Microsoft. But ok, things change, so maybe this has also.. Still, "Xenon" will suk! And WTF is up with them naming the things after a NOBLE GAS!!!!.... THAT IS STUPID! And they went cheap on the HD, only 14GB.... LOLOL, Nin Rev will have a 40-60GB.... AHAHAH! Microsoft is cheap. They are using the image of the XBOX1 to sell this new Paperweight of a system.

So? You dont even need a hard drive. Its a waste of space. All you really need are memory cards that are 1-4 gb big, and thats all. 40-60gb is stupid, but it makes a good reason to jack up the prices though (although AMD ZEN can afford it). And yeah, I can't belive they're using ATI....ughh...

The xbox will also be available in three models. One will be w/o a harddrive.

Nintendo's system may be faster but their games still suck.

Back
Top Bottom