New Processor and MOBO?

Well then, whats the overclocking stages that you gave me for OC'ing a regular 6800? You gave them to me before....but I kinda forgot (oops!)....

Regular, as in non GT.

In that case...

First stage: 385/750
Second Stage: 390/775
Third Stage: 400/785
FINAL STAGE: 425/800

You can push it further probably, just be careful. Use coolbits.reg to do it, since it tests before it applies settings.

well b4 u buy a new mobo do this( i bought a new mobo but i learned that it was useless b/c i didnt do this)
u have to check to make sure that you dont have an integrated processor(like if u buy a mobo/cpu combo cuz if u do u cant get it out...
unless ur sure u dont have an integrated proc u have to take off the heatsink and fan and see if the proc comes out...itll be on a squareish white thing if it can come out...if it dont the itll be just connected to the mobo

ok thanks for telling me. So if the mobo has an agp slot its compatible with my graphics card, how can i check if its compatible with my ram? And if my processor comes out of my mobo, then it will work? What if i buy an AMD processor, will the processor from my pentium 4 work? Also if a AGP slot is 4x/8x it means that it can run a 4x/8x card such as a radeon 9800 xt pro on 8x right?

ALSO how do i know what harddrive interface i need for my computer?

well all of that stuff should be in the manual or the place ur buyin it from should say on their page...a p4 mob is not compatible w/ an amd proc...

look there are really good mobo n cpu combos out there, give me your ram type n the cpu speed u want n wut company, intel pentium 4 is the best amd sempron is the worst...

dude, sayind pentium is the best is a matyter of opinion. An amd athlon 64 fx 55 whoops any pentium ass hands down. and besides if u buy a mobo/cpu combo chances are u cant get the cpu out.its kinda in
the mobo....trust me i kno i have one.. they suck if u ever wanna upgrade...u have to buy another cpu and mobo if u do

Wierd, I have never heard of integrated processors.... Oh well. Look, replace the MOBO and processor with and AMD64 chip. You can get both a really good MOBO and Processor together on www.zipzoomfly.com. . Just click the link on their site for motherboards, then click Athlon64, then click one of the bundles at the top (whatever is in your pricerange... simple as pie.)

Back
Top Bottom