CD rom

Steve Center

Beta member
My CD rom will play certain things such as "Print Shops etc. and other programs, but will not play music. Any suggestions what might be wrong? My speakers work on internet music, and on other sound, and also work on cd rom voice but not on cd music. Thanks for the help..

for your cdrom to play music from a cd right to your computers speakers, you need to have an audio cable going from your cdrom to your sound card, it's usually a 4 pin connector, but for some sound cards it's 2 pin like mine is, your cdrom should have both connectors. in any case...the wire should have come with your cdrom. if your cdrom has a headphone jack and a volume control in the front, plug a pair of headphones in there and you should be able to hear the music from the cd

cd rom

Tommy Boy, Thanks for the reply. You were right about the ear phones. I can hear with the ear phones, but the speakers still do not work. I'll have to check the connection again. I done this a while back, but it seemed to be plugged up. Maybe it's not in the right place. Thanks again....

cd rom

I checked the plug and it is plugged in the only spot that I can see that was obvious. If I can hear on the ear phones and not on the speakers, does this mean that the cd rom could still be bad? Thanks again..

yes, if you have plugged the head phones into the front of the drive and you are getting sound then you plug your speakers into your sound card and you don't get sound then that means your audio cable isn't plugged in correctly.

I don't know how old it is or whatever, but on the older ones, the plug could be plugged in both ways IE..you could flip it over and plug it in...try flipping the plug over and see what happens

if you have a sound card plugged into your motherboard then plug the cable into that and if you have just got onboard then plug the cable to the motherboard that is where you might be going wrong.

Back
Top Bottom