More Firefox Flaws?!

With all floors coming out of Firefox of late - most recent being the phishing flaws from only the last couple of days. Flaws which are difficult to fix on a major scale due to the lack of any kind of reasonable Update System. Firefox, a browser without even minor market share now has more bugs than Internet Explorer SP2?

Is it really as safe as it was once made out?

Well to be completely honest with you, I have heard mixxed results w/the browser.....

But as for me personally , I use it now & then....But I have never had a problem w/it yet.

I specially love the pop-up blocker....It does it's job very well.

As far as being unsecure , I have yet to check into that.

Firefox I have heard has been pretty damn good and has very few bugs compared to the bug-a-lot IE. I like Microsoft for XP and 2000, but IE is crap. Nothing is worse then it.

I wouldn't call IE Crap. You just need to make sure you run Ad-Adaware frequently. IE is also faster than Firefox. But I would say that firefox is definitly more safer....

I find IE is slow and gets buggy.. but that's just me. And I do run Ad-aware a ton, along with Spysweeper and Spy-bot. IE is just one big security problem.

Bah, IE sucks. This was the first big flaw in Mozilla since july. That's way less then IE.

Why would you would you ever want to use IE?

- Firefox looks and feels much better
- Firefox has tabbing
- Firefox has an awesome popup blocker
- Firefox is open source, way more secure
- Firefox has as way easier to use 'Options' menu
- Firefox has Bugzilla, awesome way to update bugs and fixes.

I would never switch back to IE. Ever ever ever.

- Firefox has tabbing
- Firefox has an awesome popup blocker
- Firefox has as way easier to use 'Options' menu

I like them 3 the most.

Feels and looks better is personal, as is this Options menu, tabbing I will never understand... and Open-Source is not always safer; in fact of all Open Source projects only a tiny few are safer than anything Microsoft makes - but all the other things Internet Explorer has?

Firefox now, does actually have as many if not more bugs found than Internet Explorer with SP2 (which you all should be running anyway... so if you don't have it and Internet Explorer is bad, its your fault :D) and all of Internet Explorer's Bugs are fixed in days, a week tops. Firefox's Bugs are fixed... in what sort of time frame?

Back
Top Bottom