Speaker recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now to restart this thread.

I need some nice help

I'm looking for a 5.1 solution set of speakers and subwoofer for a price range of $100-$150. I'm willing to look pass my own biases. I'm also looking to replace my current Avia DHT-360 and transfer that to my television. I need some advice on what would be a good, solid... wait.. outstanding set of 5.1 speakers that has a maximum price of $150.

Ok constructive advice eh? Tried that the first time, but it did not work.. I'll try one more time ok??

Logitech Z-680's are good speakers, don't get me wrong. But they are 399.99 dollars. Klipsch have higher ratings, and their bass is much much more powerful. The Ultra's subby is dual 8" ers... And they are almost 100 less (80 to be precise). The Klipsch have a higher sound output level, and are engineered with the HIGHEST quality that money can buy for a PC.

Now, it is up to you, but personally, I would spend 80$ less, and get 1.234X better speakers. Less money, better product. Please Gian, try to understand. Logitech are good, but Klipsch is above their level, and will be until Logitech is ONLY a SPEAKER company. Klipsch can devote more time to their speakers, because they are a SPEAKER company ONLY, while Logitech manufacturers headsets, keyboards, speakers, mice, etc etc etc.

I hope this was constructive enough... I try to get along, but when you attack my opinion (fact), it is not fair at all..... Please, stop attacking people's opinion, and listen to their facts. The facts point in favor of the Ultra speakers, hands down.

Ok, now things change. $150 won't get you either of those sets. I'll so some research around, and see what I can dig up for around $150 for you.

AMD ZEN said:
Ok constructive advice eh? Tried that the first time, but it did not work.. I'll try one more time ok??

Logitech Z-680's are good speakers, don't get me wrong. But they are 399.99 dollars. Klipsch have higher ratings, and their bass is much much more powerful. The Ultra's subby is dual 8" ers... And they are almost 100 less (80 to be precise). The Klipsch have a higher sound output level, and are engineered with the HIGHEST quality that money can buy for a PC.

I already proved why this was wrong!

Logitech price range: $245-$350. And I know a place where I can get them for $159, brand new.. from a guy I ordered from in the past. Very reliable. And by the way, I'm not looking for a powerful subwoofer that shakes walls. Having a subwoofer too high in wattage can actually cause music distortion.

I'm not looking at Klipsch because it is overpriced.

I hope this was constructive enough... I try to get along, but when you attack my opinion (fact), it is not fair at all..... Please, stop attacking people's opinion, and listen to their facts. The facts point in favor of the Ultra speakers, hands down.

No. It wasn't constructive because it isn't exactly right.

And you were the one who came in here and attacked me and ended up looking like a fool, when I proved that the Klipsch are lower rated, and have less wattage... and are more expensive.

AMD ZEN said:
Curious also, you said I was pwned again... What did you pwn me on the first time??? Just curious...

Several times in this thread. I'm really sorry dude, but I'm not following your advice. I will take the advice of somebody who doesn't scream at me in the first post.

Umm, accoring to several sources, the base price on Logitech Z-680's is 399.99. If you can get those for 159, then why are you asking around? BUY THEM!! Otherwise, going by retail price on those particular models alone, Logitech is overpricing them. I will agree that other Klipsch models are overpriced, but the Ultras are most certainly NOT... Now, listen to me... The sub on the Klipsch is VERY LOUD, but yet, does not distort music WHATSOEVER! It is built with special measurements that are insured to bring the best quality music to the plate. I will have a pole on who is the best speaker company in the world. We will soon see who thinks what.

According to my sources, I can find Logitech Z-680s for $159, and from the price range on PRICEGRABBER.com from $245 - $320. Logitech's price on their website is simply not updated. The Ultra's are over-priced and over-hyped.

And I'm not going to argue anymore because I have had enough of you screaming at me when I'm simply asking for a recommendation. I'm not going for Klipsch.

Ok, then buy them!!! Why are you asking if you can get them that cheap!! I would even buy those above Klipsch for $150!! Are you insane!! I can't argue with a price that LOW!! BUY THEM! What are you waiting for???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom