Random reboots

th3ris

Solid State Member
Whenever i play Bf1942, my computer reboots after about 15 minutes. I would think its a power problem, but this is the only game that this happens. This doesn't even happen when i play bfvietnam. Windows says it's a driver problem but im not taking their word for it. Any suggestions?

... Have you tried reinstalling your graphics driver? It might help...

Could also be a cooling problem, although, I doubt it.

as Satori says and also try and reinstall the game after you have reinstalled the driver and that should help with your problem. (maybe)

I had a similar problem when playing a game a while back. My pc was overheating. I replaced the power supply and fan and the problem went away. You may be experiencing somehting similar.

If BF42 is demanding alot on your graphics card, your PSU might not be supplying enough power to the GPU, so it forces a shutdown to protect from surges. Safety failsafe, be glad it happens. Upgrade your PSU, and that should solve it. Also, update you drivers on your video card to the newest out.

thanks for your suggestions, im in my school library right now so ill try these when i get home.

btw, i have a geforce mx 2 64 mb and stock fans / psu. So those are probably good solutions.

Upgrade your graphics card and PSU, and be a happy person. I recommend on a budget the 5700Le by nVidia, or the 5900SE if you have a bit more spare change... :D

I wanted a geforce 5700 fx 256 mb for x-mas, but never received it:(, that's gonna be my next upgrade for sure.

Back
Top Bottom