Torrents..? ODC...? IMESH...?

UK1nation

Beta member
Hello all!
I've been using a program called 'ODC' (file share hub) for a long time now but came to the conclusion that it wasnt always easy to find what i wanted..!..,so a friend told me about 'bittorrents' (?) well these download SLOWER than everything else!! (but you can find nearly everything there)... I've scanned the net for 'torrent sites' and ended up with 'to much useless info'.., and once inside the site i have to direct my 'traffic' through their download manager (and they make absolutley no sense WHAT SO EVER!!) --wont connect to internet whilst downloading via thier download manager!!!!--

Where do you download from?
What average speed for downloads? (with ODC i have between 15KB/s->1500KB/s) per user!!

(have had 2,5MB/s before!!(odc)..im live in sweden now ...thats why my connection is fast..i have 'bredbandsbolaget'-'up to 24MB/s')
Maybe ODC will always be the fastest but there is only so much that can be found there :(

Hope to hear from you you soon.....
take care.............UK1nation

P.S. anyone have the following comedy dvd's that i could 'aquire'?? :

LEE EVANS - 'live in scotland/wembley (his stand up comedy wanted)
HALE & PACE - 'any from old series' (da managment!)
HARRY ENFIELD - 'stand up or 'its a puppet!!' (larry the loafer! haha..great!)
& 'CARP FISHING VIDEO'S' - 'kevin nash,andy little..etc etc etc

I mainly dl from Usenet and I get about 200-600k. It all depends on the traffic of the newsgroup. I also dl from soulseek and if they have dsl or cable I dl from 20-100k. And from DC++ I am usually just in queue but when a dl starts they range from 5k-40k. The fastest speeds I have gotten was 1.7megs and that was with either suprnova or loki torrents, but I don't dl from bittorrent any more because of a unapealing letter from the MPAA.

usually you have to pay for usenet. But some cable and DSL providers allow you to access it for free. They prolly take it out of your bill even though it doesn's show up on it. I have cox cable and I get to access usenet without a monthly fee.

Check out your providers website to see if they have a section about accessing newsgroups. If so, don't use outlook express which is what they tell you to because you can't dl binaries you can only read and post topics. Dl the program "GrabIt" www.shemes.com and add your providers usenet server to a new connection.

If you find out your provider does not have usenet access. You can pay a monthly fee. http://www.usenet.com/signup.cfm

usenet has been around since the 80's. It was originally used as a message board but people started posting apps, movies, ebooks, music, etc. instead of text files Which is what you post to the messages as.

Back
Top Bottom