building a comp from scratch?

ClericKevin

Solid State Member
i was thinking of bulding a new computer from scratch, would be a fun experience, firstly, i was wondering if you guys know of any good sites to order parts from (i live in canada) right now ive just been looking at futureshop for good sales and such, but are there brands good quality? like the asus motherboards or biostart or msi.

Also this is my first time doing this so any hints in steering me in the right direction would be awsome

thanks

yes go to www.newegg.com they have GREAT parts and prices for building comps. i use newegg all the time, and its a great site. A+++ highly recommended. belive me you will not be let down like i said best prices around and very fast shipping. not sure if they ship to canada, it shouldnt be a problem however

i live in canada too, futureshop sucks sooooo much everthiny its roughly 10% more than it should be, go to discovery computers, where do u live in canada (BC here)

i live in BC as well, on vancouver island, ill take a look at discovery, another friend told me that name

what are good chipsets to look for on a motherboard? and what motherboards would support the amd64? like does it have to be a certin socket

i was wondering, how is it buying refurbished hardware? is it good enough to trust? or is it not worth the chance

nVidia nForce4 pwns all! It is PCI Express based only, but is blazing fast, with a hardware nVidia firewall installed inside the bus to the Gigabit Ethernet, and has a great PCIe controller plus nVidia SATA RAID controller onboard! Plus, you could go SLi with dual 6600GTs or 6800GTs, depending on your budget. Tell me your budget (US Dollars if you don't mind.) and I will give you some parts lists to take a look at. :) :cool: :p :D

my budget is pretty low.... no more then 1000 us for hole comp, i just want to get the experience of building my own comp, and get something semi decent out it

i was wondering if it would be bad using a nforce chipset with a ati raiden card? would the combo work fine?

NFOrce chipset is just the chipset of the motherboard. No problem there. As long as you have an AGP or PCI slot, any ATI Radeon should work fine. Though I would recommend Nvidia. PCI-Express is also a newer standard (though in my opinion highly disappointing). NForce chipset is unrelated to video cards. So yeah it'll work fine.

trying to find the best i could get with a cheap price range, like i say its more for the building experience, but i dont want a complete piece either, something that i can have for quite a few years and add upgrades when needed

Back
Top Bottom