dual monitor help

oneafterdark

Baseband Member
Ok, so there is a thread about dual monitors, and they say all you need is a video card that supports dual..Ok, i got that. Now it says you need an adapter... Where the hell do you get one of those? i asked on the thread but no one said anything... What is the adapter called? when i put dual monitor adapter in to like new egg, it doesnt bring up what i need. Can i get a little help please?

Adapter? The only adapter I can think of is the DVI to VGA adapter. The newer dual video cards have one VGA and one DVI adapter.

So, connect each monitor of each of connectors.

Monitor #1 ----- Port 1 (might need adapter from DVI to VGA)
Monitor #2 ----- Port 2

Turn on your computer and away you go. Windows XP will see the other monitor and I know that ATI will automatically turn it on. Final step is to open up the graphic control panel and make sure the settings are correct.
1. monitors are on the correct side monitor #1 and monitor #2.
2. select resolution and color.
3. then select what you want to the second monitor to do...stretch, copy or be a DVD player. (these are for ATI graphic cards, nVidia might a little different, but I think it is the same.)

i got a ati radeon 7000 series... where can i pick up an adapter. Does like radio shack have them?

Back
Top Bottom