Sempron

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
The family comp that I use has a 1 ghz Duron and it works fine for my internet and downloads. For around $65 Canadian I can get a 2400 Sempron CPU. How much faster will this be? I am setting up my first self-build PC and already have a case, GPU and monitor rounded up, so I just need the other components. I would like to run online games such as Diablo 2 and Battlefield 1941 on this thing. Would that CPU work as well or better than the 1 gig Duron? If it does, that's all I really need. How much faster would it be? I was thinking that If I wanted a little bit for power, I could ty to obtain a 1.2-1.5 CPU, but hopefully the 2400 Sempron is around that speed. Are Sempron's crappy qaulity? I hear that they are now basically just an Athlon XP with a different name, as the xp line is discontinued. If this post seems incoherent it is because I am typing on a tiny laptop and don't want to try and edit it. Haha. Any thoughts? Once I have the cpu, I can get all of my other components to match it, so this is the big hurdle.

The sempron is basically the XP core underclocked with a faster frontside bus.

It will be much faster than a 1ghz duron.

Underclocked? Does that mean it's slower? What is a Frontside bus? What is it's function/purpose? Sorry...I am a bit of a lay-person as of this moment. What type of RAM would be best with a Sempron 2400-2500? Pc 2700, 3000 or 3200? Would 400 mghz Duel Chanel DDR work with it?

1.667 ghz with a 333mhz fsb. Which mean you will have to upgrade your mother board.

You might as well get the normal athlon xp 2400+ its only a few dollars more.
and yes dual channel pc3200 will work

Back
Top Bottom