The goo in between proc + heatsink???

jay8990

Daemon Poster
Hi ok so i never really thought about this before...

I was looking at my new amd 3500+ and heatsink (got delivered today) and thought about the little goo/putty/solution thing that is goes in between. Do i need this?

I guess i assumed i would be supplied with it! Im presuming this increases heat flow away from processor?? Do I need it, is it better?

I'm not shure if the new one's come w/the termal paste, but i do know for a fact ....you do need that between the CPU & the heatsink.....

But if you are applying it yourself, don't put too much on or you will get bad results.

Also don't put to little also, cuz that would cause prob's too, just put enough to litely cover the surface.

Well i'm not shure what is a good brand, i'm shure someone here can help you w/that....

You might be able to pick some up at a comp. store near you too....

the heatsink i just purchased was already primed with the solution. check that out before you buy some.
wozelbeak

hmmm being honest i cant tell, i think it actually does, its the standard heatsink+ fan included with a amd athlon 3500+ socket 939 newcastle (130nm)
it does have a sort of cloth pad on the base of the heatsink. is that all i need?

please keep help coming! i do want to keep this processor for more than 5seconds!! :-D

have you not got the packaging with it.on the one i fitted it stated that thermal compound was already on my interface.

Back
Top Bottom