OPERTON , PlUS, OR FX ????

blah blah

In Runtime
what are the differences between the varying amd64 processors, i noe the fx is the best, and the higher amd 64+'s are a close second on the old benchmarks. Whats new abou tthe operton and how does it compare....i want details!!!

opeteron can go up to 4 on a tyan mobo, but WHAT The differences......like whats its bus and speed and which socket does it use? is it better?????

It's socket 940, I think 2.4ghz and 2000fsb like all the other amd64's (using hyper transport of course). That's just what I think though.

socket 940 is what the fx uses, so that would make the opeterons out preform the ......the other 64's (other than fx) but the fx cant be used in a dual or quad config, so i.......i wonder what prices are cuz i was thinking of making a 3400+ 64 but if an opeteron is better mabye i ll get one

The FX-51 and 53 used the socket 940, but it required more expensive registered memory. So AMD went with the socket 939 (The later versions of the FX-53 used socket 939). Opterons are for servers and workstations. Server and workstations are always more expensive than desktop ones. The opteron series also requires registered memory, thanks to the socket 940.

thanks alvino, i realised it was for servers, but didnt know aht implications that had, because i just game........im a lazy gamer

Back
Top Bottom